Positions open (click on job title for details)
Family Support Manager
Building Peaceful Bridges (BPB) is a nonprofit organization supporting people of all faiths whose mission is to foster multicultural relationships by assisting in the integration of newcomers and educating communities on the challenges facing refugee/parolee/asylee populations through their stories. We invite you to visit www.buildingpeacefulbridges.org to learn more.
The Family Support Manager manages the Mentoring Team which assists in newcomer family resettlement providing weekly visits, offering cultural counseling, education, tutoring, companionship, and a host of other friendly services. BPB’s goal is to “bridge the gap” between the resettlement agency and the refugee family’s self-sufficiency.
The Family Support Manager will report to the President of the Board of Directors.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Family Support Manager will:
- Commit to the mission, vision, and goals of BPB
- Manage and train team leaders that mentor newcomers
- Develop short and long term goals for the newcomers
- Schedule and lead monthly team lead meetings
- Attend weekly BPB Staff Meetings
- Maintain case files, interact with government agencies and coordinate in-kind donations
Skills and Qualifications
The Family Support Manager needs to have:
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage teams
- Sensitivity to and respect of cultural differences
- Ability to troubleshoot situations with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team member and independently, with a high level of self-motivation
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including keen listening ability and relationship building
- Must have reliable transportation and valid insurance for the performance of duties; mileage reimbursed
- Conversant in other languages a plus, but not required
- An open mind, a global world view, and a strong sense of humor
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Social Work or behavioral/human services field
- Three – five years of experience providing case management and/or social services preferred.
- Multicultural experience.
Hours and benefits
Salary based on experience – 40 hours. No benefits at this time.
Reports to: President, Building Peace Bridges
Hours: 20 hours/week Pay Rate: Commensurate with experience
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Check BPB email to triage important emails to bring to the President’s immediate attention. Create a to-do list from the emails and craft reply responses.
- Monitor incoming donations and enter them into the database. Generate thank you letters, in conjunction with the President’s and distribute by email.
- Schedule BPB meetings for the President and the team both virtual and in-person. Assist the President with generating an agenda for meeting, taking, and distributing detailed minutes.
- Organize and maintain folders and documents in BPB’s Google shared drive.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports (Quarterly Newsletter and Impact Report)
- Assist in the development of PowerPoint presentations for BPB meetings (Board meetings, annual strategy meeting)
- Assist the President with all aspects of meeting preparation and planning.
- Taking other administrative tasks as identified.
- Represent BPB in all interactions (both internally and externally) with compassion, professionalism, discretion, and competence.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Prior administrative experience.
Building Peaceful Bridges (BPB) seeks bookkeeper to assist with financial matters. The position is a remote, work from home job; applicant would have flexible hours and would work directly with the BPB Treasurer. Bookkeeper is needed to oversee the BPB financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, dailly financial entries and reconciliations. Bookkeeper would be expected to perform daily accounting tasks such as monthly financial reporting, general ledger entries and record payments and adjustments. Specifically, bookkeeper would:
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain records of financial transactions by establishing accounts, posting transactions
- Utilize agreed upon system (Quick Books?) to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts, including subsidiary accounts as needed
- Balance general ledger by preparing a trial balance, reconciling entries
- Prepare monthly financial reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information and trends (including cash flow)
- Comply with federal and state legal requirements on a timely basis
- Excellent analytic skills
- Able to deal with complexity
- Data entry skills
- Accounting knowledge, including SFAS rules
- Close attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- CPA is a plus.
- Previous bookkeeping experience preferred.